South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Junior M, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Suppose to be 64 tomorrow! :dizzy:

2. airsoft1779

airsoft1779 LawnSite Member

Can anyone explain to me the process of getting a business license? LLC. Clueless on this matter.. I've looked on SCBOS but not exactly sure if that is the best way to do it.

Thanks,

airsoft1779

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

An LLC is very easy to get you don't need a lawyer or any of that mess. Apply with the secretary of state they will tell you everything you need. As for the business license just go to the county square it's only a thirty min or less process also very easy.

4. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

Fill out an Article of organization, send it in with money

5. airsoft1779

Alright thanks guys. Just printed off the articles of organization and am filling it out now and will send it in when I get a chance.

Can you explain what this part means? I thought applying for the LLC meant you had the business license?

6. cpllawncare

An LLC is just so you can separate your business assets from your personal assets it provides a limited amount of protection from lawsuits and such, you need a business license to legally operate within EACH county you do business, IE: greenville county, pickens county anderson county etc etc.

7. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Hey fellas not to change the subject just recently got my pesticide books. Does anybody here recommend insurance companies. Prob gonna have liability inland marine or equipment coverage, and my trucks as well. Gonna move everything to one company looking for best rates value etc etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cpllawncare

So far hartford has had the best rates that I can tell but I'm always looking at different companies.

9. cpllawncare

If anyone in or around Greenville is looking for some part time work I have a position open, planning on it being full time as soon as possible.

10. airsoft1779

I got mine from like state farm or one of the big companies like that. I think it was like $500 for $100,000, $525 for $300,000, and $600 for one mil general business liability insurance. Im going to defiantly be looking around for a better deal this season, as I think it is possible.