South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Junior M, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Always a good time to catch up on paperwork lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

All caught up that's the problem, I have accounts that need tending to though.

3. brycesepp

brycesepp LawnSite Member

we do have a good amount of work up here! i am just starting out.. i have 9 accounts and usually have one or two small side jobs a week. (mulching, sod, maybe redoing a lawn or 2) luckily my uncle is an investor and he buys foreclosures in the area, i pick them up from him and mow down the yard, trim the hedges and put some new mulch down. easy money

4. brycesepp

hey ya'll i gotta question for everyone in the upstate south carolina, how many times a year do ya'll mow bermuda grass up here? i hear people say anywhere from 29 times a year to 32 times a year.. thanks

5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on what your customer wants to pay. The one I have gets mowed approximately 22 times/year.

6. brycesepp

how does my mowing schedule look? 29 times a year..

jan- 0 mows
    feb-0 mows
    march-2 mows
    april-3 mows
    may-4 mows
    june- 4 mows
    july- 4 mows
    august- 4 mows
    september- 4 mows
    october- 2 mows
    nov-2 mows
    december- 0 mows

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in Myrtle Beach east of 17. The weather here is warmer than where you are. We rarely get a freeze and I am not sure what snow looks like. I have nothing to mow in March, twice in April, your summer months look right but no mowing in Nov unless it is leaf clean up.

8. brycesepp

ok thanks for the advice. and it's a rare occasion that we see snow up here but we get a little frost!

9. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

With most of my Bermuda customers, I am able to convince them to keep up bi-weekly visits during the winter for leaf clean up, mulched bed cleaning, etc.

10. brycesepp

Thats what i was thinking
    Posted via Mobile Device