South Oregon gets a boost in BIG TREE moving options

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mdvaden, Feb 21, 2006.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

After multiple calls from landscapers asking me if I know who has a tree spade in southern Oregon / Jackson county, I decided to offer large tree transplants.

1, 2, 4, 7, 8 ton rootball stuff.

Apparently the only guy that had a spade here, skipped the area or country not long ago due to what I understand to be Al-Queda connections.

Also, he was not licensed with our landscape board - a requirement to transplant trees.

I'm not going to finance a tree spade, because some soil is rocky here. I can move almost all moveable trees by balling and lifting with a crane.

This should be fun. I just added a big tree moving page to our site this week and lettered the truck.

Portland only has a few companies that do it. From what I understand, practically nobody offers big tree moving - skilled - in our area.

It would be nice for a change to be the initial cutting-edge company for the facet of our industry in this region.

I am not sure what the demand is, but the tone in the voice of a landscape architect I mentioned this too, indicated some interest in that office alone.

If any of you venture into this, or have, I'd enjoy to hear about your experiences - primarily the successful ones.

Failure is not an option. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: