Southeast Louisiana

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by jason r., Apr 15, 2003.

1. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who else works in southeast LA.

2. ponderbrown

ponderbrown LawnSite Member

I have a small landscaping business on the northshore and the New Orleans area called Pondmasters Landscaping with my primary specialty installing watergardens and waterfalls. Pruning, lawns, tilling, plantings also.

:blob3: it never stops, the heat

3. jason r.

Nice to hear from ya, ponderbrown. I was beginning to think me and Dukester were the only ones from the northshore area on here.

I have a small lco. Work in the Abita, Covington, and Mandeville areas. Do mostly mowing and some small landscape projects and handyman services for my mowing customers.

You wouldn't happen to know of any mulch blowing companies that do jobs on the northshore?

4. ponderbrown

ponderbrown LawnSite Member

A mulch blowing company, hmmm actually sounds like a great idea
    but I haven't seen any mulch blowing trucks in its application here in Slidell or New Orleans. A mulch blower doesn't come cheap by little research online that I just did, but could be an untapped market niche here....i.e. cypress mulch appears to be the most popular in our neighborhood. I'll inquire with my other resources and see if I can't come up with something.

My pond campaign here in Slidell is in full swing, and so far I haven't gotten many inquiries, albeit it is early. I've been casing the doctors offices, salons, spa's, etc placing my brochures seeding potential customers. Also doing the door to door and placing door hangers, stapling flyers, etc. Soon I'll be bulk mailing to premium neighborhoods. My product doesn't come cheap so, nothing really good ever is, I anxiously wait by my phone. Just the landscaping job here and there so far, no watergarden projects as of yet slated in May. :blob2: I'll keep the face, "lets roll!"

5. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

good to see some locals. I am located in Slidell...LA LAWNS

6. daveainthere

daveainthere LawnSite Member

Hello from Baton Rouge.......how about some rain!!

7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Slidell here too.

8. daveainthere

daveainthere LawnSite Member

How about Baton Rouge! how yall doing? There are mulch blowers here! Glad I dont have that payment every month.

9. jason r.

Yeah we do need some rain! Alot of my props have been CRISPY to say the least. The dust has been killing me. Luckily we just had a few showers last night in Covington. Nice to hear from some locals.

Dave,
    Can you give me the name and # of a mulch blowing co. so I can get some prices from them for future jobs that I can't handle myself?

ElephantNest and LALawns,
    If you guys are looking to pick up some more maintenance customers, drop me an email with your co. name and number and I'll refer you guys to the people that call me. Every year I get a # of calls from Slidellians looking for a reliable lco to do their lawns. I don't work that far away from home. The traffic is a killer over there.

10. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

hey jason r.
    i appreciate you sending it this way. i will do the same for you. every now and then i get someone wanting work in Mandeville and Covington. my business # is (985)788-LAWN