southeast michigan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, Feb 11, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

i am about 30 minutes from ann arbor. i was wondering what the average cuts have been over the last 3-5 years, and what the average number of times you were plowing snow over the last 3-5 years. anyone help me out?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

26 cuts per season, average about 6 to 8 snow plowings.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Cuts, dont remember....

Plowing, last year was like 13 or so I think, and this year has only been 3 or 4. In 03-04 it was 6 or 7.

4. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

how many salts do you usually average, 2-3 more than the amount you plow usually...?

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Snow is difficult to predict. I don't try, just go with the flow. You cannot count on any work at all, but sometimes you get suprised and work all winter.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

3 or 4 plowings this year??? We have had about 10 so far. Last year, we had 18 plowable events. Of course, we are doing commercials that have a 0 tolerance policy. If there is less than an inch, we're moving it. If it is a light dusting, it gets salted. THESE are the accounts you want. The doctors, attorneys, corporate restaurants, etc.. Those that don't want the liability.

7. Dr.Greenthumb

Dr.Greenthumb LawnSite Member

Just wondering if you still had your mower for sale. Go wings!!

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Yessir!!! Give me a ring. I could help with delivery, but once my trailer is sold I wont be able to help with delivery. 313 477 4505

9. Dr.Greenthumb

Dr.Greenthumb LawnSite Member

Wonderful, I will be in touch