Southeast Pennsylvanians......

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by lawncutterupper, Mar 20, 2008.

1. lawncutterupper

lawncutterupper LawnSite Member

Its still a little early to start mowing but when is a good time to get started with mulch jobs?

2. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

If You Mulch Now It Will Look Like **** By The Summer Mulch When The Beds Are Cleaned Out And Everthing Is Greening Up. At Least End April

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Several people have been putting mulch down already. I'm still doing clean-ups and have not gotten that far. Mulch won't go down till 2nd week of April or possibly later depending on weather and such.

4. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, clean-ups get done first. If you are running ahead of schedule you can also edge out the beds while you are cleaning. This year we have a good solid march to get started with clean-ups. Last year we had snow on the ground at this time March 24. You can also fertilize, just do a double application of pre-emergent. Visit your clients you will aways find something to do. As stated above mulching starts second week in April in this area.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm kinda surprised by the number of contractors I see putting mulch out already. Makes me feel as if I'm running behind!

6. JNyz

commercial accounts correct???

7. PMLawns

PMLawns LawnSite Member

....mulch requests are coming in though. Do you put it off and risk someone else doing it or throw it down and pocket you money?

8. JNyz

mowing will start next week. 100 days into the year. when mowing starts, start mulching. your mulching should take you right into july. some people will wait to mulch until june because of graduation parties.