Southern Engineering

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by trailboss, Mar 11, 2009.

1. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

For the most part we wear tool belts while on an install - especially while in trees. But we also use some plastic totes for carrying tools, parts, map gas, connectors etc... around on the ground. I had some old milk crates around and decided to give them a try for organizing my tools. I probably just need to go with a small torch and just use the tool bags. I also rigged up an axle in one of them for a wire spool. Cool thing is you can stack these wire spools with different wire sizes and put them on a dolly. Anybody else have any good tips for staying organized?

Tool Crate no Paint.jpg

Tool Crate.jpg

Tool Crate 2.jpg

Wire in Crate 2.jpg

Wire in Crate.jpg

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Great job and Klein tools to boot!!

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I like that word rigged. " If you can't fix it rig it. " LOL. I am know to rig lots of things up, gosh let me get my list out...

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I like the mik crate wire spooler. I cannot count the times on a site I have grabbed a stick and had the helper unwind. what a great idea. I use different tool belts depending on the job at hand. We also have a tool bag with about 30 pockets for those times we need various hand tools.

5. MAGLIGHTING

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

Great organizer. Gives some excellent ideas. Thanks for posting it.

Be careful with that map (and don't spell it with 2 m's) gas though. You'll be criticized here for using it. At least I was. But then again I'm criticized for everything I do :cry: so you'll probably be OK.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Great organization! I like it. some good ideas there.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

*trucewhiteflag*

I hereby publicly retract any and all criticisms directed at Mike Gambino for his use of MAPP gas.

In untrained and inexperienced hands MAPP gas can wreak havoc.

I failed to take into account Mikes finely developed and practiced finesse.

He is indeed a true artist, the likes of which are rarely seen in this business.

Mike offers lots of sound advice for free.

Maybe one day he'll figure out a way to charge us for it. (I'm thinking it's time for him to write a book.)

Until then, get it while it's hot.

9. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the kind comments. This was the result of being ready to go out on an instal but getting rained out. I think that we are gonna be rained out for a couple more days - I will have to get back in the shop and see what else I can come up with.

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I just noticed youre in Ft Worth. Whats your company name? Im in your area.