Southern guys, Bermuda discussion thread

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by macgyver_GA, May 18, 2013.

1. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Last week was crazy for sure.

My landscaping business isn't full time. I have a full time corporate job I work M-F 8-5. I'm only part time for landscaping. I have 16 mowing clients and 19 turf care clients. Most do both. All very small lots 2500-4500 sq ft. Of turf. I usually do my mowing 3-4 evenings during the week after work. That way I can leave Saturdays for rain checks (did this weekend). Starting on two more mowing & turf care clients this month. Ugh... I have aerating to do on customer yards this Saturday. Gonna be another busy week.

I mow mine right around dusk after I'm done with customer lawns. My lawn isn't that big either. Only about 2k sq ft of turf. Takes me 15-20 minutes to mow double cutting it. Edge and trim once a week.

2. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Were not much different. I work a full time job 0530-1600 M-T OT Fridays and saturday if it's available. I work in 7 Accounts during that with all the random 1 timers that call me here and there. I have a larger lawn though about 10k of grass. This is my first year doing this and I am looking to expand by maybe 3-4 more accounts. I am still making some rookie mistake costing myself money and time, but I am getting better every week.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that bermuda is just now starting to take off where i live. it's just now getting warm enough i guess. it's like bermuda has just popped up everywhere in the past week or two. your yard looks great.

4. gulfjoe

5. gulfjoe

I have not mowed yet obviously, I was talking to my weed and fert guy here locally, you may know him as Falcon50EX. He has told me to apply the 46-0-0 quick release this upcoming weekend June 22-23 and keep the water to it. as most of you know we have been getting blasted with heavy rain here in GA the last few weeks so water hasn't been a problem, and I also have irrigation. Do any of you have any recommendations to get my yard to start filling in quicker? also what 46-0-0 fert do you guys recommend?

CIMG6965.jpg

CIMG6964.jpg

CIMG6963.jpg

CIMG6962.jpg

CIMG6961.jpg

CIMG6960.jpg

6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. Mow every other day. Force lateral growth.

7. gulfjoe

lowest setting

8. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. And sharpen the blade each time. Because that sand is going to make it look like a butter knife handle.

9. gulfjoe

If I can beat the rain today I will get out there and take care of it. I talked to Level Lawns in Atlanta today and they quoted me $2100 for 7000sqft. At that price I am going to have to learn how to perfect this top dressing thing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. gulfjoe

This 22 days post level. i am cutting at lowest setting every 2-3 days, I just put down some 34-0-0 ammonium nitrate, and I am keeping the water to it fairly heavy.

photo(39).jpg

photo(40).jpg

photo(41).jpg

photo(42).jpg

photo(43).jpg