Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Wayne Landscaping, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hi. I am froom the upper chicago region but will be moving doen to SIU IN CARRBONDALE. I will be mowing there in the summer but was just wondering if anyone was from the southern illinois region. My ? is is if its all farm, if theres any business to be had, i mean, i looked on yellow book for the number of companies and there was like 10 or so and bunch outside the city. I havent been down there. And i just need to know if i can survive. Cause id ont really wanna sell my scag or railers and i want to just take my whole business down there. Let me know what u guys think.
  2. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone with a zero turn and a trailer is in the business here. Yeah there is work to be had but it's mostly residential work, forget commercial work, especially if you're new to town.
    Outside of Carbondale you can get more residential stuff from older folks, no it is not all farm ground down here, most of it is wooded or hills. If you've never been down here then you have no clue what to expect when you get here, it ain't flat and corn like up north.
  3. GuyNextDoor

GuyNextDoor LawnSite Member

I live about 45 minutes from SIU-C and I recieve phone calls from business's in Carbondale and turn them down because of the distance. So there are business and more than res. that need work done there. Good Luck