Southern Indiana, Dec.5 and still mowing.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pops56, Dec 5, 2004.

1. pops56

pops56 LawnSite Member

Went out to get some Christmas stuff for outside. Drove by a customers yard on the way. Noticed it was a little high. Gave them a call and they said come on, that it needed it. We, like the rest of this area have been wet and mild, and the grass is growing like the spring time. Especially the yards that have had a fall fert. I am 57 and this is the latest I can remember mowing in this region. Worst thing was I was all cleaned up for the winter. Oh, well, got the keep the cust. happy, and my Christmas stuff was paid for.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey pops, back in Dec. 2001, we cut until the 15th of Dec., and we were installing an italian courtyard patio on Dec. 21-24. The temps here were in the high 50's, and on the 23rd, it hit 64 degrees. We just finished our final cuts on Tuesday, and have a few small walls and such to keep us busy until January.Then it's 2.5 months of rest and relaxation..

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

with temps in the 50's and rain the next few days, i have a feeling the dayton area will be mowing until mid-december.