Southern LCO's.. How much longer for you???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Nov 17, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys/Gals in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia & so on....how much longer do you have before you winterize the gear?

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have about one more time as the leaves are almost threw falling. I usually wind it up around Thanksgiving. Go on a long but broke vacation and catch up on stuff that needs doing around the house I get behind on in the summer.

3. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

We have to keep everythinh ready to roll year-round down here. It'll slow up to cutting every other week or so, at the longest. But with the the temp bouncing all over the place, humidity, and the occassional showers, we have to be prepared to cut on any given week.:weightlifter:

Dennis

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Just mowed yesterday, some little plants are covered in flowers, have mostly meadow grass mix. Will probably mow once more toward end of month. I find we are mowing later in year every year. 25 years ago early October was rare.

5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Never have to winterize.Maintenance is all year.

6. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

keep mowing into jan ,because i like the propertys to look good christmas time.and most contracts are 36 to 38 mows/year.

7. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

Like QLC4U, I think I've got one last hoorah left. The grass is already pretty much done for it's just leaf work, trimming and blowing till thanksgiving and then try to get an early start on spring. (small projects on the truck and trailer etc.)

8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

middle of Dec. for me.

9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I will be mowing and leaf mulching thru Dec. Then I will still maintain my accounts through the winter, picking up stick, blowing occasional leaves adn such. I will start back regular service in March.

No need to winterize my stuff. Will not be idle long enough.

10. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

51 weeks a year for me...crews and myself take off from December 24th through January 1st.