1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by LB Landscaping, Mar 11, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Anyone out there from southern Maine??? I've met and talked with a couple of Mainers from this site but always glad to hear from more!!!

2. terramike

terramike LawnSite Member

To answer your question, no, I am in Southern NH. though. How long have you been in biz? I am just starting out this year and could use some help getting customers, both residential and commercial.

3. john b

john b LawnSite Member

hello from portland maine!just starting out this year,if spring ever gets here that is.nice to see other folks from maine and new england here.

good luck this season!

4. john b

john b LawnSite Member

southern n.h. not far from me,i'm guessing your in or near portsmouth.this is my first season too.maybe we can chat sometime and compare notes.

good luck

5. coldbrook landscapin

coldbrook landscapin LawnSite Member

hello ... I'm from the bangor area been in bussiness since 1991 if i can help any one please get back to me 9 days till spring.. : )

6. terramike

terramike LawnSite Member

My cousin and I have been in the corporate world for a number of years and have had it. We've always enjoyed the outdoors and especially the beautification of it. We decided that this was the year so we're going for it. No looking back now. Our family's have been involved in landscaping/arborist and flower business for years. My biggest question is of course regarding advertising both for residential and commercial customers. I would like to focus on the commercial accounts. I know every area is different and to ask what works and what doesn't is a rhetorical question but I guess more on how to approach the commercial accounts would be a better question. Also, does anyone at this point sub contract to anyone?

7. PeteB.

PeteB. LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone from the Great State of Maine! I am new to the site, and I must say it is AWESOME! Lots of info!
    I am starting my own business this season...any advice would be appreciated. I have worked in the public sector for about 13 years, and I have done landscaping part time for about 16 years.
    It is a passion of mine, and I am going to persue the dream!
    Please offer any advice...I am planning on Landscaping and mowing...anything!
    Thanks!

8. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Im in the York county area, Wells

9. PeteB.

PeteB. LawnSite Member

Andrew,

How long have you been in business? I am in York County also: Sanford. I am just starting out. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Pete

10. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Pete
    I started out working for a guy I worked with him for 4 years and bought his business. Ive been on my own for 3 years now. All I can say is pace yourself and dont let it burn you out. Its a stressful business but its well worth it in the end. Goodluck!!