Southern Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by LB Landscaping, Mar 11, 2003.

1. PeteB.

PeteB. LawnSite Member

Andrew,
    Thanks for the info and advice. How many accounts did you start with? And how many do you have now?
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey Pete, I started this thread so I guess I should jump in. I am mainly in the Portland area. I started 2+ years ago, the best thing I've ever done, there's nothing like being your own boss. I started with an ad in the Portland Press Herald, they have a service directory in the classified section. It cost me around $90 for a month. I ran it for two months in the spring and a month to-wards the end of the summer. It landed me about 25 accounts, I got an additional 15 from referrals. I started with just maintenance but this past year I have started to dabble with the Landscape side of things. This year I am going to distribute door hangers to people that live near my current customers so I can make each stop more productive. Good luck, shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions!!!

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What's up all, hey LB love that new truck. I'm new to the biz this year so does any one work in the poland area?

later Rich

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Hey Rich, good to hear from you, is Poland outside of Gray??

5. Rich's Lawn Care

yes it is it's the next town over.

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I'm about a half hour from you. Thats a nice area I went to a wedding there a year ago. Good Luck to ya!!!:D

7. Rich's Lawn Care

Hey LB do you work in portland? if so what do you get for a cut down there?

later Rich

8. NG123

NG123 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hey guys just wanted to say hello, im also from the portland area. Very new to the business. I was thinking about using the press herald for advretisement, anyone tried it? Good responce??

Thanks,
    Nick

9. lablandscaping

lablandscaping LawnSite Member

I'm from the Seacoast NH area. This is my second year. Anyone else near by?

10. rossignol5

rossignol5 LawnSite Member

Im from Northern parts of Maine. Skowhegan Actualy i think im the only one on this site this far north.

Thanks,
    Derek