Southern maint guys, whats your schedule of services for the year look like?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Lance L, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

i know every year is different but we are working on some serious planning this year to avoid confusion and just to know how much labor will be needed so i can inform the guys that this is when it will be slow and plan out a way to take care of them and things like that, or if we can spread things out enough to not let anyone go.

this is the plan floating around in my head...

jan - taking down xmas lights, trimming crepes, and other things that die in the winter, leaf clean ups for those that like to wait untill they are all down, start pre m apps at end of month.

feb - doing pre m at begining of the month, start passing out flyers, middle to end of month scalping to get ready for the spring, and passing out flyers between jobs, clean ups to prep for spring

march - scalping for those that like to wait till begining of march, flyers, start mowing, not quite full swing possibly at end of the month depending on weather, start to put down talstar and fert w/pre m, and bed fert if wanted.

april - finish up the apps, should be full time maint by now

may - full swing, start fert apps at end of month

june - finish apps, full time maint, merit app

july - full time, start next fert app

aug - finish apps, full time maint still

sep - full time still, start scalping and putting down rye at end of month with starter fert in mid sept, non rye get fert w/pre m, and talstar app

oct - still busy, possible slow down at end of month, start planting pansies and putting down bed fert, start putting up xmas lights(they turn on after thanksgiving)

nov - slowed down maint, cleaning up leaves for the anal clients, still xmas lights, and rye maint

dec - leaves, maint xmas lights, maint rye, slowest time

start over =)

anything else you guys would throw in or move around? i may of left something out, what do u think?

2. Lance L

left out aeration in may

im in the dallas area btw

3. Lance L

left out aeration in may

im in the dallas area btw