Southerners

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by texas, Apr 16, 2006.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

i am not that newb wanting answers but just curious. what do YOU charge for mowing, landscaping, mulching, ect.

lets make it if you live as west as texas, east as georgia, and as north as arkansas.

have fun.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

texas

i'm just gettin started, but i've talked to everybody that would stand still. prices in central okla. range any where from $45.00 an hour to $60.00 dollars an hour. its not only the region but what neighborhood your in. it seems only experience will educate me.

3. Shawninfl

Shawninfl LawnSite Member

Here in Northern Florida, we are charging $40 a mow, blow, edge, trim....

4. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

$60/hr clean-ups. Minimum of $35/mow. $60/acre on large accounts up to three acres, $50/acre after that. Around here guys are mowing for as little as $20/mow on 1/2 acre lots, I don't see how they survive, hopefully they won't. Anyone who won't pay my prices I don't mess with because that is what it takes for me to make money and that's what I'm in this for. I have people who haven't even sneezed at my prices, but there are some that tell me they will think about it, of course you never hear back from those, but I already have 62 properties in one month of being in business so I'm not too high.

5. texas

texas LawnSite Member

nice job barefootlawnsandlandscape on getting so many accounts. i got about 50 but it took me a year and a half and a lot of time away from my wife.:cry:

6. Greenatthis

Greenatthis LawnSite Member
    from Texas

We charge min $35 and $60/ hr after that