Soybean oil for 2-stroke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hermanator, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

I have a real good friend from Brasil. He was raised on 2-stroke motorcycles and he told me all they use for oil in the gas, is soybean oil. He said the engines last forever on it! Anybody hear of this or doing this?

2. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of gasoline do they use? And how good do their engines run?

3. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Pretty much same as ours, and they run damn good! I am thinking of using it for all of our 2-stroke stuff, but was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with it.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't touch it unless the 2 stroke engine manufacturer or the oil producer warrants it. For example I use Amsoil synthetic in my Stihl 4 MIX BR600. Since it's a new engine I sent an Email to Amsoil asking if the use of Amsoil synthetic is approved and would they guarantee it. They said if there was a oil related failure they would make it good.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

In the old snowmobile racing days, I believe there was some teams that used a oil that was bean based. I can't remember the name though, maybe Klotz made it. Smelled different:)

6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool stuff.

Bio-2cycle oil....

8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Yeah, it IS cool stuff. AND it's 80%+ biodegradeable. I read through the website and talked to a rep over the phone for a while yesterday. I went ahead and purchased some 2 cycle oil.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

old school racers will remember that the oil that used to be available was caster oil... made from castor beans.

the new stuff is MUCH better.

in brazil they also use machette's to cut grass... you going to do that as well..

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If this stuff performs sooo well then I am sure Stihl or Redmax or Echo would be rebadging it and selling to us. This is not the case and I am sure the soy based oil will not perform as well as stihl, echo etc. oil.