SP Sprayer Leaking

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Eclipse, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two SP Sprayers, one is a couple years old and the other is less than a week old, and both are leaking in the same spot. Out of the bottom where the plunger is. Any ideas exactly what would need replacement. Is it common for them to develop a leak in this area?

I purchased another SP Sprayer because they are highly regarded on this site, but personally I have had much better luck with my Solo. Hopefully it is a quick and simple fix, bad o-ring or something.

Thanks.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's piston type , junk it
    Diaphram type , well , still junk the old and take the new one back to where you bouhgt it

3. Eclipse

Sorry, I forgot to include the models.

The older one is an SP2, so it is a piston, and the newer one is an SPO.

Thanks for the reply.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

let us know what you find out, i am thinking of ordering 3 sp0's, they claim to have the least amount of leaks, i have had the solo's and they last a long time, but leak!!

5. ArizPestWeed

I've got 10 SP 3 and no leaks .
    Had 4 Solo but the lid leaked , sent them back and solo sent me 4 more that I sold to a shop .
    So for , SP is working

6. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Ihave never seen the SPO leak that quickly. It is the best unit SP makes. Call the company you purchased it from maybe there is a recall.

7. Eclipse

They are going to give me a new one tomorrow when I stop in. Hopefully it holds up much better than the first one.

Amazing how we all have different luck with different products. My Solo has been great, SP not so great :)

I will say that the Solo wands are crap IMHO as compared to the SP.

Thanks again.

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Did you tighten the hose clamp at the base of the sprayer when you bought it? Remember they come loose from the factory. I have had no problems with mine what so ever....let us know what you find.

9. Eclipse

Thanks for the suggestion. I did tighten the hose clamps. They are leak free.

10. ArizPestWeed

Eclipse
    I bought 10 solo wands conplete from hose to tip ans use 'em on my SP.
    I like solo wands better