SP Systems backpack

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by captken, May 2, 2005.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to replace my Solo. I am looking at the SP Systems SPO-V. I have done the search here and based on the input, think it is probably the best brand to buy. Anyone worked with this model? How does "jet agitation" work? I want to buy the best, top of the line.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Get the SP0 instead, you won't be dissapointed. I have two of these and the quality is very high.
  3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Solo is crap .lids leak and leak and leak .

I've got 8 or so SP 3 , 150 psi .
    Take a paper towel and fold it up , tuck it under the handel on the cap .
    This way it will asorb the little that purges out and will be sucked back in when you pump it up .

Don't get a piston type .

The kind that agitates is a joke to me .
    Doesn't really do much for agitation .
    You can shake it up while on your back for better agitating .

Try a rock sprayer ele with 95 psi , it rocks
  4. ArizPestWeed

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 spo's that I have been using for the past 6 years. I have sprayed over 50 acres of turf and garden beds through both of them. Never had a problem with either of them. I have sprayed wettable powders (ferrous sulphate heptahydrate-very course) to 3-way post em's and they keep on going like the day they were bought. The agitation is not that good but it will keep sediments from acumulating on the bottom of the tank.
  6. ArizPestWeed

What do ya think of the straps ?
    Suck , huh?
    Always coming off ...............
  7. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a generic swissmex from Lowe's, I think it was, and I've been very pleased with it. The only gripe that I have is that the handle doesn't fold up. About those straps - if you take and loop the end back through the top, front to back, they shouldn't fall off.
  8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

You mean the plastic clips on the bottom? I havnt had any real problems with them while spraying. They unhook from the base once in a while but never had one do that while spraying. Or do you mean up where they attach to the sprayer on the top? I have only had on strap come undone in those 6 years, that was last week. Pretty simple to fix too. I'm not really sure what you mean about the straps but I havnt had a problem with them.
  9. ArizPestWeed

Yeah , When I put it on , 1 or 2 straps seem to find a way to unhook .
    I'm working on changing the plastic hooh to something else ./
    I've got about 8 SP 3s .
    I've got 6 on my truck at most times .
    Use them all day
  10. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

With my spo I just drilled a small hole though the clip and zip tied it together -- never falls off now.