Spacing below the spindle

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grasskeeper, Apr 7, 2003.

1. grasskeeper

grasskeeper LawnSite Member

I have a 32" metro which has two spacers below the spindle at this time. I'm wondering if there is an ideal amount of spacers which should be below the spindle to get the best cut/vacuum. I think I read somewhere that I should place all four below to get the best cut, but I would like to make sure. I can than adjust the caster spacers to get the required cutting height. Thanks.
    Also, I am looking to cut at a height of 2 1/2 inches (bluegrass/ryegrass). If anyone can give me the entire mower set up(spindle spacers, caster spacers, rear adjusment) for the best cut at that height that would be great as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Grasskeeper,

For 2 1/2" I'd do the following:

Axle at D, 3 of the 1/2" spacers below the front caster, 3 spacers below the spindle and you should see good results.

In theory the more spacers you have below the spindle the better. There are instances however where you can get too much of a good thing. The setting I gave you is the way I used to run my 32" and I was always happy with the cut and performance.

Thanks

Terry

3. grasskeeper

grasskeeper LawnSite Member

Thats exactly the information I was looking for, I really appreciate it. I would go try it now if it didn't snow yesterday. Oh well, maybe next week. Thanks alot.