Spam 4 biz?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever spammed emails to drum up business? (E-mail advertising). Seems like it would be hard to target areas, though. Not to mention...maybe illegal, huh?
  2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Read the terms and conditions of from your internet service provider about SPAM. 99% have this is justification to kill your account immediately.

Internet serivce police is one of my duties at my day job. Also habving to deal with those that report spamming, I would never want my name attached to that type of tactic. Most will never do business with a spammer and will remember them forever.
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Every time i get those e-mails I don't even read them, just delete and continue. I also agree with heygrassman.
  4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep agreed with above,most people don't open unsolicited e-mails anymore due to viruses,and as the internet is a global thing whats the point of spaming adresses that may be in China,Africa or Outer Mongolia?:dizzy:
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I delete them and add the name to the blocked senders list.
    I did see somewhere in TV that a guy actually finds out who sends the spam and sues them in court. Certain states have better anti-spam laws. He has won on occasion.

I'll stick with the flyers.