Spam Venting

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I could reply in the threads that keep poping up, but I don't want to dignify the threads. I did post in one of them. Help me out here fellas. Is anyone else enjoying the sudden spam threads from our lawn site sponsors? I don't mind the sticky at the top. They can even post new replies in there and I wouldn't complain, BUT they are posting and replying to threads withing the forum as well. If you check, you will find they are posting these in EVERY forum at the same time. Geesh, can we get a break. Mandatory pop up add windows within the board would be better than this. (Esp since I know how to make them blank out)

Everybody chime in.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about All Pro Greens? He's a paying sponser, and it irritates me that he posts the same thing in every forum, but it isn't against the rules.

I PM'ed Sean about it, but he said he wasn't breaking any rules.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

And since it's a sponsor.. you can't place it on ignore..

There must be different rules for different sponsors. like how the partstree guys can't post out of their place. what does a putting green have to do with irrigation.. or commercial mowing? It's really annoying to click the "new posts" button and have a whole list of repeated "online demo" or whatever it was threads to weed through..

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It could be worse. (stagnant pressure)

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It's irritating but I guess the bills have to be paid. I just ignore them if they don't seem of interest.

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps there is a double standard here. If you would post something not relevant to the forum it would generally get moved to the correct forum.

At any rate, I'm not upset over the few that have come up, nor do I think that these few will pave the way for a plague of other sponsors to bait their hooks and blindly "fish for hits" within this forum.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Besides, someone has to buy the bandwidth someone is us<s>wast</s>ing to post uncompressed jpg images :p

<CENTER>Happy Thanksgiving!!

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Amen brother! Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else. :blob3:

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've ran a web forum before, and I can tell you, the bandwidth that Sean is using every month is costing him over $1,000 out of pocket.

He has to recoupe that loss somehow.