1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spanish phrases for the Landscaping Industry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowpart rep, Aug 17, 2006.

Should mowpart.com take "Spanish Phrases for the Landscape Industry" book off site?

1. Yes, Take the book off the site

2. I don't care either way

3. No I believe if used properly it should be made available

1. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

This is one of the most comprehensive books in the green industry. Very easy to read and use. $24.99 at mowpart.com
    This book is must have for those who face a language barrier. Order this book and we will waive the frieght(for a limited time) YOU MUST WRITE "BOOK" IN THE COMMENTS TO RECIEVE FREE FRIEGHT.
  2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

So by selling this book, you're endorsing the employment of illegals.

Remind me to NOT visit your site, or buy anything from you, ever.
  3. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

We are in no way advocating illegal practices of any kind. I am sure there are many legal applications for this book. I am sorry if we offended you or anyone else by providing this book. Our intentions are to provide a product that people need. We do not endorse any illegal activities.
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i think that may be a touch extreme there 5.0. i think english should be spoken in the us, but what will be, will be. or "que sera, sera" if you prefer.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

It want matter if you hire them or not somebody else will, they are here to stay whether we like it or not. This country has so many different breeds it want be long they are going to have to come up with new nationalities. There want be any thoroughbreds left in the United States they will all be mutts.
  6. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

It's not a bad idea, I wish I knew more spanish. Besides, not all LEGAL immagrants know English that well.
  7. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Its a HORRIBLE idea!!! :hammerhead:

It has US learning THEIR language - the exact opposite of the way it should be.

Try this...
    Make a Spanish-to-English book that we can give to the employees, cheaply of course. :)
  8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I could care less about all the illegal crap....

$24.99 !!???

Seems a tad on the "ridiculously expensive side for a book" to me.
  9. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

That is high, lots of pictures???

10. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

The only phrase I need to convey to any non english speaking person is go away. Employee or not,you cant walk the walk if you cant talk the talk.