spark plugs do make a big difference

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by milo, Apr 2, 2008.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 28hp efi kohler and 25hp kawasaki and i changed the plugs to a high end autolite plug 6.49 a plug and they start faster and i see a savings in gas too. i did not think this would matter at all but it really makes a difference. the only problem is finding these plugs. like the ngk eiv series and autolite extreme start series but worth the truble..
    p.s. if someone finds a place like online to buy autolite xst3924 and xst4265 please let me know

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

What's the number for the Kawasaki?

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I been trying to tell you guys :laugh:

I run Autolite double platinum, personally I think the 4x is a waste but you need at least double.
    The only one I crossed thus far is the Champion RJ-12YC which is one of the most common plugs out there.
    Most every Kohler, Kawasaki, and Briggs can use this plug, also Dodge Rams can (and maybe fords but not sure).
    It crosses over to the Autolite APP5224

The other benefit is you only need to change them about every 2 years (vs. every 1 for standard plugs).
    They run better, longer.
    Less downtime, less maintenance labor.

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

will those plugs work on a kawi 23 hp. if not, what do you recommend

5. milo

go to autolite.com and then go into find the right part for you viehical, than other app, than small engine than lawn and garden equipment. or follow link lol
    http://www.power-21.com/HoneywellPower21i/RelatedInfo.aspx?b=A&f=Autolite/LawnGarden.pdf

the only problem is finding someone who carries them. if anyone can find them somewhere please let me know. i need more..
    i had them in my mowers and then just replaced with regular plugs and everything was not as good so i put in my old plugs and way better. also ngk.com has a list too but just make sure you get theplugs the company calls for and dont cross refrence because they are not always right

6. milo

also sparkplugs.com but they only have splitfire plugs listed for my 2 mowers, they dont have the autolites i really like but if thats all i find im gonna buy those, they are platinum

7. milo

envy, xst4265 for the 25hp kawasaki's just soooooo hard to find. if you find them let me know

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the XST4265 is the Kawasaki one. I have a 23hp as well and just did the search to figure it out.

I will go to Napa and get some tomorrow.

9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone ever try those Crossfire plugs? They're sorta like Splitfires - only in a diamond shape (instead of a split). Just curious - ANYTHING to cut down gas consumption helps!

10. milo

i tried my napa, autozone, advanced auto, national auto, and like 5 more places and no one has them oh pep boys and strauss.

IF ANYONE CAN GET THEM LET ME KNOW