spark plugs,which to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Jan 30, 2001.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

which brand of spark plugs seem to last the longest or are the best, for all applications.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

My dealer recommended using Honda plugs in my Shindaiwa equipment and also for my Red Max BP Blower. I have found they work better and last longer.

For my gas mowers, I have tried several, and they all seem to work fine. I'm glad I have 2 diesels now, I don't have that problem at all. :)

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I USED TO RUN CHAMPION. NOW I RUN NGK IN ALL MY EQUIPMENT. THEY ARE STANDARD IN MOST 2CYCLE MINE ANYWAY. I'VE TRIED THE $8.00 SPLIT FIRE PLUGS AND DIDN'T SEE ANY GAIN IN FUEL MILEAGE OR POWER SO WHY SPEND THE $$$$$$$$. I GUESS USE WHAT HAS WORKED BEST FOR YOU, SAY IN YOUR CAR OR TRUCK.
    GOOD LUCK,
    Mowman

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I stick with what the engine manuel requires. Don't want to run to hot of a plug, alot of cutters around here run Gold Plat--but thats to hot,very hard on them pistons. Marks Mowing Service

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I read an article about spark plugs and 2 stroke engines. It said split-fire do absolutly nothing for a 2 stroke engine. Like MOwman said, save your money.