Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Jul 23, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

How often do you change your plugs?

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

In mowers? My Kees (Kohler 25) has had one new set put in at 1500 hours :eek: :D The Exmark Metro (12.5 Kawi) has probably had 3 in 6 years, probably equates to 1800 hours. My Grasshopper (21 Kubota) had 3 sets I think in just over 2000 hours. My Lazer (26 Kohler) is on it's third set at 120 hours :( But that one doesn't count.

3. ztrguy

from NE FL

I have a 52" Exmark Lazer HP and after 160 hours I'm having to replace my plugs. They look terrible. I'm hoping I don't have to change them every 160 hours. :confused:

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Kohler? Oh lord :eek: J/K :p I wish I had save the set I took out of the 26 that had 4 hours on them :eek: Something doesn't sound right there though. What's the dealer say?

5. ztrguy

from NE FL

23 hp Kawi

It says to check them at 160 hours....I did alright. They look terrible. So I cleaned them.....and after a few hours it sounds like it's missin. New plugs are supposed to be here in the morning. It better take care of everything. Brand new $8000 mower. I'd hate for it to see the shop this early. Anyone else have this issue w/ their Lazer?

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually just change them once a year and clean them with a wire brush and carb/choke cleaner once a week.

7. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i change before the year and in july, just about 1/2 way mark. 2 cycle maybe every 2 months.

8. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

change them once a month or about every 100 hours.