SPCP Web-inar

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Organic a go go, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

Stumbled upon a live web-inar today from Safer Pest Control Project and as I write this Im listening to a GREAT presentation on compost tea being presented by a man from WI named Bob Posthuma. He's apparently close to Dr. Ingham as well. Anybody worked with or know this guy?

2. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

This guy is talking a lot about inoculating the leaf surface with fungal teas as a strong defense against disease. Maybe I've missed this info in other
    threads but it seems to me most of you guys who really know your stuff are talking about sub-surface benefits and don't talk much about the foliar benefits of tea. Thoughts?

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Bob and I have chased a lot of .........uuhhh ....beers together, thats it beers, yeah beers.

He is a wealth of information and has a proven product as well. He is distributed in 10 coutries and goes all over. Pretty boring speaker with his minnesota or wisconsin acsent I forget which, but he gets by.

It is hard to prove foliar disease suppression and a lot of us stay away from the subject because the state pesticide folks do not appreciate the speech, AT ALL.
    You have to remember too that most of his applications are for Ag, grapes, cucumbers, squash things like that.

Keep us informed of other webinars you may know about, I would have loved to hear him stammer and spit so I can give him a hard time when I see him in 2 weeks and we go chase some wom........beers, thats right beers