1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

speading 1800 square feet of top soil??

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Outdoor_Maintenance_2010, May 28, 2010.

1. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

i guy just quoted me saying how much i would charge for spreading 1800 square feet of top soil, how much time could it take being alone or 2 guys spreading this with simple wheel barrows and shovels??

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

How many Yards of soil is that??
  3. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

if my calculations are correct...

1 cubic yard= 3x3x3 so 27 cubic feet per yard....so 1800 divided by 27= 66.6 repeated yards. but i think i am wrong.... if i am right get a mini x with a blade...that to me would be the best option.
  4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

1800 square feet is basically 43'x43'

At 3" 1800 square feet will require just under 17 yards.
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

1800 sq ft doesn't mean anything if you don't tell us how deep it has to be. I'm guessing we're going to be talking about at least 15 yards. I wouldn't even attempt to spread and grade using wheel barrows and shovels. Two guys might be able to do it in a day depending on how far it has to go, you'll be about dead by the end of the day. Just get a hold of someone with a tractor or skid loader that can knock it out in a hour or two.