Special Picture

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightLightingFX, Oct 8, 2008.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got the picture I have been waiting for, to complete my marketing portfolio!!! I have been waiting for the right project that has a window looking outside to a project that I lit. The whole idea of this picture is show my prospective clients how we can bring the outside in and increase interior design with artistic outdoor lighting. I had to take two pictures one with a flash and all the lights on in the room. And another picture with all the lights off to eliminate reflection off the glass. Then I had to do some photo shop cut and paste to get the end result.

wood-win.JPG

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

very cool Ned......It almost looked like a framed photo to me!!!

3. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Very Nice Ned! Great idea.

Keith

4. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice picture Ned!

5. NightLightingFX

Technically it is. I took a pic of the window with all the lights out. Then I cut & pasted that window onto another picture taken with a regular flash to show the interior of the home.

6. NightLightingFX

Steve gave me some tips on making this scene better. A front on view so the window isn't angled and I tried to yellow the background color to create a warmer interior. What do you think?
    ~Ned

sqwindowl.JPG

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

The second version is much better Ned. I would go one step further and re-shoot the interior with the normal interior lighting on and use no flash. You will need a tripod of course... Then you will have a more realistic image... the interior looking as it would with the lights on and the exterior lighting showing through the window.

Great idea.

8. NightLightingFX

Thanks for the input. I experimented some for this pic. James here is a pic without the flash and still some light. As you can see there is still some reflection. This is where a professional photographer comes in - in the pic there is a lot of lighting issues a lot of trial and error. For now I am going to stick with my doctored-up picture. I don't have time or the desire to go back for another pic. You will see in the reflection I forgot to turn off my head lamp. Photography is tough a lot of things to remember and do.
    ~Ned

natural.JPG

9. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a flash in the window reflection to me!! LOL

But the second one I think looked much better!

10. NightLightingFX

That is my headlamp I forgot to turn off. Duhh???