Specializing in residential acreage?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone besides me has targeted certain jobs like this? I really like the idea of doing two to three big jobs a day instead of 10 small separate jobs all over the place for the same money minus drive time and gas. I know this may not be for everyone but were I live 2 to 10 acres properties are common. :)

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what I'm talking about. Estate homes. Thats my bread and butter, ususlly about 1-acre max but all completly landscaped, many shrubs and groundcovers, ponds, waterfalls, flowerbeds, small orchards or groves, lots of flower pots, Rose gardens, meadow gardens, big trees, palm trees. I especially like the specialty gardens, Japaneese, Italian, European you name it anything that is unusual and a challenge. My smallest propertiy is a patio home that is almost all flower beds and pot's, my largest is 7 acres and about 600,000. worth of landscaping avg 4,500.00 per month.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Az G.
    What's the name of your business ?

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

The Gardener

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Big residential are like commercial accounts. You have plenty of opportunity to work there and you can spend a lot of time doing it. The hard part is finding the right clients that want to spend the $$ which is not hard since they have it to spend. And the second hardest is selling yourself! and what you and your co. can do for them. These ppl have the money to be choosy so you need to set yourself apart from the pack

6. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I have specializing in residential acreage on my trailer, my only means of advetizeing as of now and have received 3 calls for estamates and landed two weekly clients with 5acre propertys. I cut both on wed and call it a day by 1:00. With properties like this I'll only need a max of 15 accounts to keep me going full time.