Spectator from Lesco..who uses?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmc456, Jul 7, 2005.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

How uses Spectator from Lesco. I have 2 customers who have been going crazy watering thier lawns and now they have a terrible case of brown patch.

They water so much that even when most of my customer's lawn are burnt up, I have to watch my step and turns because the ground is so soft.

Anyway, who uses Lesco's Spectator and what do you think of it?

Any recommendations on the product would be great.

Of course I have corrected the root cause of the problem, but I still need to kill the brown patch before it destroys more of the turf. The temps here are 90F and 95% humidity every day and only gets down to 68-74 at night. Way too humdity to just let nature take its course.

2. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

first be sure its brown paatch. Many fungus problems have the same net result but can be treated with different fungicides. Assumming it is brown patch, to stop it cold an app of Manicure 6 (flowable) should do the trick at the curative rate. This is the same as Daconil if you dont have a lesco store near you. Just a different name.

3. Derek9D

Derek9D LawnSite Member

Doesn't a average lawn need only 2 inches of water a week? or aleast thats what I've heard around here.

4. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

I WOULDNT HAVE A CLUE, I SPRAY LAWNS........BUT HAVNT USED ANY FUNGICIDES IN YEARS. TAKE A SAMPLE TO LESCO FIRST AND HAVE THEM DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DIAGNOSIS. WE ALL MISS THE CALL OCCASSIONALLY SO BEING DOUBLE SURE IS CHEAPER IN SO MANY WAYS. payup

5. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

2 INCHES OF WATER A WEEK ?? JEEZ I AM HAPPY TO HAVE THEM GET 1 INCH A WEEK. :rolleyes:

6. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Daconil/Manicure is not labeled for residential usage so be careful. Spectator is Banner maxx at a higher AI in concentration.

7. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Spectator is Banner Maxx times 2.8 more concentrated; a great fungicide. Manicure T/O is labeled for residential usage, but the others (FL, Ultrex) are not. Manicure is a good CONTACT fungicide but is expensive and does not last long, it is not a protectant fungicide (one week, MAYBE 2; spectator should last at least 2-3 weeks). Your best bet would be to mix the two. Or better yet Mancozeb instead of Manicure (kind of nasty though, don't use on edible plants). Manicure should not be applied above 90 degrees.