Speed Feed Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnmowerMan80, May 23, 2006.

1. LawnmowerMan80

LawnmowerMan80 LawnSite Member

I just got my new Shindaiwa T231 trimmer the other day. I have since exhausted the supply of line that it comes with stock. Today I bought a small amount of Echo Crossfire to try. I think I followed the directions correctly but I'm not sure. I fired it up and line advances, but I think I could have gotten more in there. After about 8-10 feet or so it got really hard to turn so I didn't force anymore in. Can anybody help me??

Tony

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Did you say it has the speed feed head? I put that head on my T231....I can get about 5 arm lengths of line in mine...Im guessing thats around 12 to 15 ft...I use Shindaiwa's silent twist line and havent tried the echo cross fire in this particular head...maybe its getting twisted up inside the head? :confused:

3. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

im near out of my string..... how much do you like the silent twist... is it worth it....

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

It does take less line, but with the speed of loading it it well worth the 10 feet less line. I think it can take like 20 feet or so in it. Personaly, I love mine.

5. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the speed feed head for my T231, but have yet to put it on. I bought some shindaiwa line, but I can't get the stock head off. It came off fine before, but one side got smashed closer to the other and it won't twist open. It still advances the line thats in it it fine. I need to screw around with it when I get time.