Speed feed trimmer heads and other accessories.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scag2015, Feb 15, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

So I'm probably going to get a speed feed trimmer head and was wondering how well they work, and also will be getting no spill gas cans from the dealer. Just some imput would be awesome:)!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

We switched to speed heads and no-spill gas cans a few years ago, both are great.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Love the speed feed head. Just wish the could invent a way to make them last longer. All the bumping and use wears down the head pretty fast for our operators
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Wilbanks Lawn Care

Wilbanks Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Anyone in the business that does not use, or at least tried a speed feed head, does not know what they are missing. I started using the speed feed heads last season and I love the way they work and how much faster it is to reload (literally you can reload in under 30 seconds). I agree with grassmasterwilson though, I wished they would come up with some way to make them more durable. I'm not sure why they couldn't make that bottom out of metal to keep them from wearing out as fast. Other than the short life span when used daily, the speed feed head is a must for the business.

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i agree. I got a speed feed head mid season last year. Makes things much easier.

8. Fuzzy1

Fuzzy1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna try making a UHMW "button" that can be attached to the bump feed button ... should be easy enough to make and attach. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Seemed last year there was a thread on the bump style heads where guys put a nut and bolt through the bump part.

If anyone figures out the speed feed head please post.

Are the speed feed heads universal? It came on the shindawa trimmer but would like to put them on my redmax and sthil back ups. Best online price?

10. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they are universal, and best online price is probably amazon, the commercial grade one (the one that fits most line) is about $37 on amazon!
    Posted via Mobile Device