1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Speed-Feed Universal fit trimmer heads. Awesome.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Pride, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I just found out about these in another thread. Found a page that sells them and ordered one. Here is a youtube video of what the head does. No dissassembly at all, you can re line your trimmer in less than 30 seconds. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNupuo5ss4k
    Wish I knew how to upload the video but anyway, Speed-Feed owners speak up and let me know how you like them!
    I ordered the smaller 375 for my small redmax tr2350s. After adding this, that thing will be the PERFECT trimmer. Can't wait. Interested to hear from those of you who have been using these a while. $30.45 w/ shipping.

-Griffin

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have them on all trimmers and have used them for years, love them. BTW I like the small ones also.

3. Southern Pride

from Memphis

Okay great. I had to get the smaller 375 b/c my redmax is a very lightweight 21.7cc, but has plenty of power for the avg. residential trimmer. That combined with this head and it will be perfection. I'm solo so this head will help ME out greatly this season.

4. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought my second one today. This one, the 450, will go on my Stihl FS90 and I have the smaller one on a Kawasaki. These heads are GREAT!!!

5. Southern Pride

from Memphis

More good news I see. Looks like I just re-ligned my last trimmer head on my redmax today :D Can't wait to get this.

6. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

LoL... I stumbled into these for my Echo (thanks to the merger) when I went to pick up my 770T... I bought one... and I am happy to say that I love it too. It has MUCH better control over the line (aside from just being easy to refill). Instead of spooling out 4-6 inches at a time and wasting, it feeds 2-3 inches when I bump it... :) great trimmer head for sure!

7. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

what one will fit an fx100?

8. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Got two for my FS100RX's dropped one on the floor of the shop when taking it out of the package. Well it came apart and broke of one of the tangs on the rewind part. Mine doesn't fit flush like the original head but works great. Hope I can get just the top plate?

9. Southern Pride

from Memphis

There are 2 heads. The 450, which holds 24' and is made for the bigger trimmers like 25cc. Then there's the 375 like I got that holds 10' and is made for the smaller trimmers. I would just check their site.

Well, as long as it works. I'd email someone over there at speed feed and check to see if you can replace just that part.

10. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

is the bumper something that can be replaced or do you have to replace the head assembly.........