Speed of Z versus Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by david, Jan 28, 2005.

1. david

david LawnSite Member

I am condsidering purchasing a Hustler and was wondering if the Super Z can mow at higher speeds(11 plus mph) than the regular Z.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes it can, just remember, in wet or heavy conditions you will still need to slow it down a bit, to let the deck do its work.

Pj

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Recently cut about 5 acres of subdivision lots with the super Z. These were open lots with nothing on them. Had a blast. What an awesome machine. the power is really felt when you put it wide open. It did a very good job. No way you would want to run wide open in a small yard or could. But if you have a lot of open property to cut this it the one to get. Way too much fun to be work.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have used both mowers and after you run the Super Z you will bend the levers trying to push them forward to get the regular Z to move faster.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

What is the difference between the two machines?

Trying to stay on track with the thread !

6. BLandL

BLandL LawnSite Member

super z runs about 15 mph which is great thats like 20 acres in a single day!!! i love it payup

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Pumps and wheel motors are larger, and the hydraulic system also has a hydro cooler for added cooling.
    And of course the Super Z's are faster units (15mph)
    The Super Z's also offer some larger engine options in some models.

8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Suspention seat,oil cooler,spoiler,and bigger pumps.....I purchased a SUPER Z in Nov.,Love running that machine.........Don't want to quit moweing/Ist cut does the job,but I usually go over it 5 or 6 times..cause I can't quit mowing :p

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny.

I just got a quote for a Super Z 27 Kohler - susp seat 60" deck the other day.

What do you think?

10. jangler91

jangler91 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I'm also looking at the two machines. Haven't taken eather for a ride yet but dealer said to just let him know. I'm sure do like that Super Z. Really interested to see the quality of the cut