1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Speed Pro Log splitter Notice

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fixer67, Jul 13, 2012.

1. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

If you have a Speed Pro Log splitter like the one in the You Tube Video you need to call where you got it. We have two brand new units in the shop. One has been ran maybe 5 minutes and the other one has never had gas in it. We have been ordered to DESTROY the units. We are to ship the ram back to make sure the units can never be ran again. I do not know what is going on but I am think that some one got bad hurt or killed by one.

2. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

ericg,

I figured it was a recall for faulty parts as your link indicates, Our local Tractor Supply which I do all their repair work for had two. They called us last month to pick them up, Speeco shipped us a up-dated rack and pinion kit that I installed.

Let me tell ya, That's one scary machine to operate by slamming a rack gear down on top of a spinning pinion gear.

Last week Tractor Supply called and told the boss he could have them if we came and got them, Said they could no longer sell them likely because there's no parts support for them......

4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, I've got 2 new ones in my shop as well. Speeco is paying $25 per unit for pickup. They ask that the guide plate (end of the ram) be removed and shipped back to them (at their cost). We get to keep what's left. It would be interesting to know the whole story.

Q