Speed up kit

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by captbob, Oct 4, 2007.

1. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

What exactly is the speed up kit offered for the XS series and does it apply
    to other models and what is the price.
    Thanks Capt Bob 07 Lazer AS 52 - 28 kawasaki
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you talking about the Triton speed up kit?

3. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

I assume the Triton is the deck on that model not blade speed .I am reffering to the optional speed up kit for the XS for the drive how is this accomplished
    with the XS Pulley , Belts ect or gearing. And is this adapatable to other models? And I need some prices . My dealer did not offer much insight on this option. As advertised speeds up to 15 mph.
    Tanks Capt Bob
  4. JHugh

JHugh LawnSite Member

I can answer your question. The speed up kit for the XS changes the size of pulleys. This makes the pumps turn faster thus speeding up the drive speed. They can do this on the XS because those big 21CC pumps are underdriven from the factory and not used to their full potential(this is what I was told from the Exmark service team). This kit is only for the XS. I would assume if you tried something like this on your unit it would cause the pumps to overheat and fail. So you are out of luck captbob.
  5. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

MY little 52 AS with the 28 kawa does a pretty good job and there are not many lawns here on the Gulf coast of Fl you can cut W/O anyway. I just have a long run back to the trailer on several accounts to get a cold drink.
    I would not pull the trigger on new XS unless I could demo one with the mulch kit on a test Acre .5 I cut . I know how my Ultra cut deck does on this one all to well (GREAT) I sure would hate to buy a new 60 or 66 XS Triton and have sour grapes on mulching.
  6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

So what is the price of the *Optional Speed up Kit for the XS Series?
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This speed up kit was advertised on the website for only a short period of time.

I thought I remember someone commenting on here why it was discontinued....I'm not sure.
  8. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

That is a short run must not have worked very well for them to drop it
  9. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

There was a mix up between marketing and advertising. If you would have made enough noise about having 15 mph they would have been obligated to provide a speed up kit, since it was in their brouchures also. Exmark would have put an hydro-oil cooler on the unit to keep the temps lower. The cost would be about $900.
  10. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

marketing and engineering rather