speed up Lazer?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Brian Taylor, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor LawnSite Member

I have an 04 lazer with a 23 kohler and was wondering if there was any way to speed it up a little. (adjust linkages?) It is a little slower than our grasshopper. It is not a big deal but every little bit of production counts. Thanks for your help.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brian,

There's really not much you can do. What I'd recommend is to check to make sure everything is doing what it is supposed to. First I'd check the enging rpm to make sure it's running at 3600 3750. I'd also grease the life out of the pump drive idler to make sure it's pivotiong properly and that the belt isn't slipping. I'd also look at things like tire pressure. The Lazer really likes about 16-18 psi. in the rear drive tires.

Thanks

terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How About some sort Of TURBO!!!

4. eXmark

Johnny,

The Turbo would be nice and it would make sense in a lawnmower application but the valves on most of these engines start to float at about 6,000.

Thanks

Terry

5. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 02 lazer z hp. manual says 13 psi in rear drive tires is this correct.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Thats what i think 13psi????????????????? Terry.
    John

7. eXmark

Cutter,

13 psi is a good starting point and works well form most applications. If your in hilly terrain 16-18 gives a little better traction.

Thanks

Terry

8. John Gamba

from ct

Cool!

9. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

What does that mean?

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Valve float is a situation that occurs when a specific rpm level is reached and the valves "float" open. This situation makes the intake/exhaust relationship very lopsided. This results in a loss of power and could potentially damage the engine. The suggestion about a turbo was denied because turbos love to create boost at high rpms (boost creates more power by forcing air into the engine) and the exmark's engine's valves float before effective "boostable" rpms can be reached. I hope this makes sense...