Speed Zone

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by xtremelawn, Mar 23, 2008.

1. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

Does anyone use Speed Zone for Broadleaf weed control. Does it work good and at what rate per 1000?

Thanks

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I use it. Especially on heavy infestations of spurge and oxalis where it is not wise to use metsulfuron because of the trees and shrubs. On weeds that are 2,4-D sensitive, I spike my low vol ester with Quicksilver and fry broadleaves for cheap.

4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I use it, and rate is on the label. I'll use at the upper end of rate for spot spraying.

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Speedzone is a good product, not cheap but you get what you pay for! My experience with pbi gordon spans 30 years, trimec,trimec +, super trimec.speedzone, transfilm. All their products are top quality!

6. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

In Massachusetts, Three-Way is on the Restricted use list so we sell the Speed Zone to those customers who are not certified to buy the Three Way. We get a LOT of good feedback.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

My climate is different than yours, but I used it for a few years and then quit. Fast kills, but sometimes would get top-burn and the weed would recover. (Yes, I was applying correctly.) Just wasn't worth the extra cost.

I DID enjoy the smell, tough. :)

8. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

3-Way is restricted but Speedzone is not??;) Speedzone IS 3-Way+Quicksilver! Seems like that slipped through the cracks:laugh:

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

three way has like 50 plus % 24d
    speedzone has 20 or less
    Ma restricts anything over 20% 2-4-D

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

speed zone had a low LD 50 and it carries a caution label i think. dont quote me on that. i use it and they tweaked it to work better than mixing a three way and quicksilver yourself. i used to mix my own herbicides to get better spectrum of control and although the end was great, speedzone worked faster and better. i know a major player at PBI Gordon who makes the stuff near here and i get the inside on some things, it will perform top notch more you dude,. i never even have to use it at full rate unless it is just a forsaken field of a lawn