Speeding tickets??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Oct 31, 2010.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats good I have been told by everyone around me it wont. I will see when they renew in march I guess.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a ticket my senior year of high school for going down a closed road. I was on a date with my girlfriend for her birthday and we had some time between dinner and the movie we were going to so we were driving around and i went down a road that was closed for construction to check out the equipment and there was a cop sitting in the middle of the construction site in an industrial park. He pulled me over and said they had problems with people stealing things but i think he was just hiding out during his shift because it was still light out. He ended up giving me a ticket which i fought in court. Got the fine cut from 200 to 100 and because it wasn't a moving violation no points.

3. deere615

Well that would suck^ what did you say in court that you just wanted to look at the equipment? Mind you I am not making fun of you I would do the same thing!!

4. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, thats pretty much what i wanted to do but i told them that i was going to a landscape supply company that was on the same road. The supply company had put a sign on the road closed sign that said they were still open for business (which i took a picture of and brought to court to show the judge). The judge told me that the sign that the supply company put up was illegal and told the police officer that wrote me the ticket to go and tell the company to have it removed. haha. So he saw my point and reduced everthing.

5. deere615

dang that was nice though if you had that they shoulda let you off!

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Been pulled over about 10 times. only 5 tickets tho. 2 for window tint. And 3 speeding tickets.

The way I see it the more you drive the more you get pulled over.

7. joey7599

joey7599 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

I got pulled over last summer while I was on my way home from working I was towing my trailer and i thought my lights on the trailer went out or something but the cop said that the lisence plate was not visable enough in the dark so he gave me a $50 ticket and i had to put a light over the lisence plate.

8. Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

"HAHA, I addition to owning a landscaping co. i want to be A Police officer. or a FIre FIGHter. I thought id share this with you, I think someone above said they are now a cop, let me know what you think."

1} I make much more in the lawn business than I do as a cop.
    2} No night shift
    3} No Reports
    4} No vest to wear in the hot summer
    I could give you about 10 more but I'll stop here. I'd go full time LCO if my wife would let me.

9. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

With the economy being in the toilet you can expect to see more cars pulled over. I try and keep my truck right at the speed limit now! All these city's are losing tax dollars and cops losing their jobs results in "revenue enhancement" tickets. I was out the other day and in a 10 mile stretch of road saw 8 high patrol taking radar under every over pass.

10. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Im just starting my buisness now but so far i just dont see making more being an lco than a cop. If it turns out that it will work that way maby ill do that, but as of now i think ill do both.