Speedometer broken

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Del9175, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a '93 Ford F-150 4x4. The speedometer is not working. I've done a little research and have found out that it is a sensor controled speedometer. I was wondering if any one knew where its located on the truck, and if it is difficult and/or costly to replace. I have a Haynes manual for the truck, but I haven't found much in there. I'm no mechanic by any means, but if its something I could reasonably do without much (well a little will be OK) effort, I will attempt it. Thanks in advance. By the way, the tachometer is digital and is not working either. I assume they are related problems but I just wanted any one interested in helping to know.

2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

It should be located on the top or side of the transmision other than that I have no clue on how hard it would be. If you can find it, it should be simple to replace.

3. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Did you figure this out yet? I have the same problem with my 91 Ford 1/2 ton the tac is not digital.

4. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i stuck a wire into the plexiglass through the mileage setter hole and wiggled the dial around auntill it set to 0, now its not compleatly fixed but it works 65% of the time, lol