Speedometer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Apr 13, 2014.

1. PamlicoLawnCare

PamlicoLawnCare LawnSite Member

subscribed...

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i finally recieved the gps unit, it wont work , it does not register speeds below 7 mph bummer, returning it

guess il try the bicycle one next
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Garmin Forerunner 101. Amazon.com $114.90 + $4.99 shipping... If you turn it on/off with every use I'm sure the batteries would last longer.

It WILL work for you

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Relying on a speedometer for a stand-on spreader/sprayer is ridiculous. Many reasons. Anybody else??

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

How is knowing your ground speed when applying pesticides "ridiculous"? (No matter what piece of equipment you are using to make applications with)

I'm all ears...

6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

What's ridiculous about it? I think its ridiculous to NOT know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

A good speedometer makes boom applications less stressful. Especially if that speedometer is linked to an auto rate controller.

8. jbturf

Thanks ted il search that one again, larry i guess i just like too know that im spraying the correct amount of product. ..
    Perhaps thats not important for you.
    Anyways,
    My sprayer is hydro drive and as you all know when you set your speedlock or bar the machine will vary speed on different terrain. Theres a good reason zspray includes this on their machine, it is important.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Josh, I've still got the garmin 101 on my Z and it works great ! Set my rpms and I'm off. I just keep a few batteries in my trailer, never a problem.

10. jbturf

thanks for the info,

can you see the speed on the screen ok while your moving along?
    and is there a dedicated screen mode for speed? or is it in only displayed in the lower corner?

this look like it will work fine, i was searching the forerunner 110 before --didnt like that one

the mitsugawa one i just returned would have been perfect, it only displayed speed with a decimal point,
    the numbers were about and inch tall and bright red- very easy to see--oh well