Speedometer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Turf Nerd

Turf Nerd LawnSite Member

I just put the new Trail Tech speedometer kit on my Zspray. I have the Forerunner that I took off sitting in my toolbox. Let me know if you are interested in buying it?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sure I'll agree.

After all if you really don't give a darn about calibration or doing a proper application Why even have a speedometer? Why even calibrate in the first place? Just as long as sales/production quotas are met no one cares if the job is done correctly.

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

if it works fine still- sure il take it --email me jbturf@comcast.net

why did you change to the new one?

thanks

4. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

The striker is loaded with options, 12v power, temp, distance, maintanence intervals, charging system check, and speed via mechanical pick up vs satellite.

5. Turf Nerd

Turf Nerd LawnSite Member

I had been on the fence for a long time and always stayed with the ForeRunner. One day when I was ordering parts I decided to pull the trigger. I do some bigger properties and like the bigger display and the fact that I don't have to worry about turning it off. That said, the ForeRunner does a nice job now that I have had both. Give it a minute or so to acquire signal when you are starting and remember to turn it off and it is very reliable.

6. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry i forgot to reply, turfnerd hooked me up with his old unit- thanks bud, it works good, u guys were right it eats batteries , bought a box of aaa batts off internet for 5 bux and keep em on truck. He gave me the handlebar mount also, not sure if they come from garmin with that or not but intall was easy.

And yes u push the arrow button on it and it moves the speed display to the big upper digits, easy to see.

This was a great solution, thanks all
    Posted via Mobile Device