Speedway Sales ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vanguard, Feb 12, 2006.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Anyone have any experience with theses guys?

I ordered a Redmax bcz2600s before Christmas, and got a e-mail confirmation of my order right away. they have a great web site and offer free shipping and there prices are good. now I ordered a blemished back-ordered trimmer, OK I know it takes a couple of weeks usually for back orders to come in but at this point it's been 8 weeks!
    I sent a email asking for a updated status at 5 weeks, got NO response, so I call 2 days later and got a song & dance and was told "it should ship next week." Last week I sent another email (week 8) and guess what NO RESPONSE! I'm calling again Monday and canceling and won't shop them again. anyone else have this problem with these @sses? :confused:

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What did your dealer say ?

3. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

My local dealers price was almost $80 more! And there service sucks also!! hammer

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Okay, your local dealer was almost $80 more and horrible service.

Where would you go with the online purchase if you had service issues?? Back to that same dealer?

IMO, of course you're going to have horrible service if you don't purchase much equipment from them. IMO, you're just like everyone else that walks in the door, "drop it off, we'll call you when it's ready".

If you buy all your equipment there, or a large portion of it, and they STILL treat you like crap, time to switch brands and / or dealers.

I've got a dealer that's about 25 miles from my house. Echo, Toro, Ferris, Husquvarna, Stihl, whatever else I need.

I drive past 6 other dealers to get to this one, because they ALWAYS have the part I need and they drop everyone else's equipment to fix what I've got broke while I'm there. They're a dealer that specializes in commercial clients, knowing full well that they're going to be selling me more parts / service fees / equipment more than Joe-Homeowner that brings in the 21" push mower because they don't know how to change the blade.

5. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

So, I guess you never buy on line to save money then?

Thanks for you opinion. :laugh:

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

As far as any equipment, absolutely not.

Look at your own experience, did it work out for you?????

7. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

YES many times!

That's why the question is has anyone had this happen with Speedway Sales. One specific online company.

8. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Equipment- Buy from a dealer. This is the same equipment that makes your dollars, better to have someone to service it if the need arouse. My dealer would put you the back of the line to fix that. I have a friend that is starting out and is doing all this price shopping online, when the local dealer gets a piece of that to service he will find out it is better to spend a couple of more $$$'s to have the immediate service a good dealer will provide to a dependable customer. Dealers have to make money too.

9. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I used SPEEDWAY SALES and got my blower in 4 days. Perfect condition other than the box was a little roughed up. I bought my trimmer from a local dealer. I would have bought my blower locally too but I figured I'd be ok seeing as I'm moving after this year. After reading some posts about it buying locally does make more sense. So next time I'll be supporting my local econemy.:drinkup:

10. waldo98998

waldo98998 LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I used Speedway Sales last week to order a mower. I have heard all the advice about having a dealer close by, but the price online combined with free shipping made for a great deal. The mower arrived within 4 days in perfect shape.

I figure if I have mech. problems that I can not fix myself, there are several repair shops in my area that I can use.

As far as you having to wait so long for your order, I always make a point to make sure that any item I order is in stock and ready to ship before I pay.