speedway sales

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Mar 23, 2008.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

has anyone here dealt with speedway sales? If so how did it turn out? Good, bad or indifferent? They have a real good price on a mower I like and free shipping but I hate to not buy from my dealer and all. Thanks

2. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know much about them but they are violating the internet policies of Redmax, Husqvarna, Gravely, and Echo. All of those brands except Husqvarna do not allow dealers to sell online, and husky only allows 100 series(125L, 130BT, etc) units to be sold on line and has started enforcing their policy and pulled the line from a few dealers. We got a warning letter for having a 455 rancher that we forgot to take off of our ebay store when the policy went into effect(we never did a whole lot online anyways)

3. stbentoak

stbentoak LawnSite Member

I bought a snow blower from them once, and while the free shipping and low price was enticing, they don't know you after you bought it. Tried to take it to a local dealer and got a lot of crap from them about honoring a warranty and you didn't buy it her etc. Then I was put at the back of the list to fix it while it was snowing like crazy.....

4. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I know Ebay is full of Gravely mowers right now. Gravely must not be trying to hard to get them taken off. I can see where service could be a problem but thats just the way it is I guess. The mower I have been shopping for locally is at speedway for 500.00 less than my dealer and no tax plus free delivery to my doorstep. In all my savings would be over 1000.00. I have to take advantage of that, right?;)

5. stbentoak

stbentoak LawnSite Member

Well I guess that all depend on if you have problems with it or not....
    No problems :)

Problems:confused:

6. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I bought a 261 Redmax from them last year. I got it in like 7 days or so. And the price was about $80 cheaper then my local dealer.
    So far so good, no problems with the trimmer.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

speedwaysales? I wouldn't buy crap from them, their prices are the same price as most dealers and their service sucks. If you want to buy from an honest internet dealer with the lowest prices out there the check out www.alamia.com

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You might want to go to the Texas state comptroller website and do a search on "use tax" .

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I will NEVER buy a mower online especially from speedway. I bought a toro 21" commercial and they were never really friendly and when I did get the mower it was damaged. I got the run around from speedway saying that ups was the problem I think both are the problem. They should have packaged the mower better because the box looked really bad. Who's fault is that? Thank God toro covered the damaged from shipping and my local dealer fixed it. But I will not get a mower shipped anymore and deal with speedway. I never got a sorry or anything. They really aren't customer friendly.

10. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

They are located 14 miles from us and we've never graced their doorstep. I've got no intentions of doing so in the future. Price isn't everything!