Speedzone & Liquid Pre-M Together?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ed2hess, Feb 11, 2007.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have been reading the literature on these two and it seems that you can't put them down together?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You can add Speed Zone to a pre-emergent if it is the proper type.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How about Pre-M 3.3 EC Turf Herbicide to Speedzone?

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Pre-M 3.3 EC notta big fan.

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

PENDULM 3.3 in an AMINE based chemical. SPEDZONE is a ESTER based chemical. buy rule (at least what i've been told) don't mix very well, and will seporate and not stay in suspension, jell-up, etc. just do a jar test and that will answer the compatiblity question. just ues SURGE, it has the same chemical make up as SPEEDZONE, but it is an AMINE based.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda wonder where they use Pre-M 3.3 EC .....since the stuff will stain it surely can't be used around sidewalks and buildings? I guess it must be a cheap pre-m that is mainly used in backpack in beds?

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i used to use it on everything, now just on beds and some select commercial/hoa sites that the smell and staining are not that major of a concern. dimension on everything else.

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Ester based 2-4-ds don't mix well with all sorts of things, especially Prodiamine (Barricade) and not super well with Pendi. products. If you're going to use Pendi. use the Aqua cap, it only costs a few cents more and doesn't stink or stain nearly as badly.

9. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Can you post a link to the the literature that says you cannot put speedzone and pendimethalin 3.3 ec down together.

All esters need more agitation that amines. With normal agaition, I don't see where their is a problem.

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Don't have a link, just experience. You certainly can put down pendi. with esters, but it is harder to keep suspended. Esters with Prodiamine I wouldn't recommend at all. Never met anyone who didn't have serious suspension problems, to the point of clogging filters and such.