speedzone-pump life.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Jul 22, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The hypro 9 g.p.m. on our lesco 100 gallon sprayer went down today after being rebuilt only 50 or so hours ago! We used speedzone for the first time this spring. Anyone out there had a similar experience?

2. According to this thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=113133

Speedzone is hard on the pumps and seals.

I have not had any trouble yet, but I didn't use Speedzone very long.

3. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

OK I REALLY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SPEED ZONE........ BUT I DO KNOW I HATE THAT KIND OF PUMP :angry: . I USE A PUMP MODEL A10FB FROM http://www.mnwanner.com/ IT LASTS YEARS AT A CLIP WILL DO 10 GPM AT UP TO 600 PSI (I BELIEVE). WANNER IS AWESOME WITH PARTS AND EVEN HAS A REBUILD EXCHANGE PROGRAM.ITS EASY TO SERVICE. ITS A RADIAL PISTON PUMP. IT DOESNT PULSE AND IS VERY COMPACT . IT HAS A 5.5 HONDA WITH 6:1 GEAR REDUCTION.......HONDA POWER BABY :drinkup:

4. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, same problem with speedzone on two of our spryaers, already had to rebuild this season, uisually I can make it much farther along, but I never clean out, or at least rarley.

good weed control however, but I think there are others that are good too for less money.

EG

5. ohmanya

ohmanya LawnSite Member

Be aware that hypro has at least 2 different kinds of diaphragms.
    If they are clear yellow or solid cream color if they were older are desmopan.
    Black are Buna. If the old ones are super cracked or melted looking you might try the other style. Hypro also sometimes has "unlisted" diaphragms such as teflon coated. Have to call them direct and ask for tech support to even find out about them.

6. kcchiefs58

kcchiefs58 LawnSite Member

We have used speed zone the last two springs and had no problems with our hypro 30. Iron and pottasium are also hard on diaphrams, much harder than herbicides. Also in the previous post there are different types of diaphrams, and we use the black or coal color and get a full year without replacement, if you by the hypro kit it comes with the cream or see through ones and before we used speed zone we were replacing these in the spring and late summer so i don't think speed zone did us in