1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Speedzone ??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by T.E., Apr 15, 2004.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I need some help. I am trying to get some wild strawberries out of a fescue lawn. I'm wondering if anyone has used "Speed Zone" with any luck, and if you have, what mixture rate?

I know that straight 2-4-D has a little struggle with strawberries and wild violet. So is this a good option? Thanks, Tony

Yes I'm licensed. Thanks, Tony
  2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Speedzone works fantastic on wild violets -- better than anything else I've tried. Actaully, I have been making "my own" sppedzone by combining Quicksilver and Strike Three together. Same active ingredients. I apply mixture at .9ml of quicksilver (jsut afew drops) and 1.1 oz of Strike Three per 1000 ft.

For speedzone -- jsut look at the label. Feel free to go with maximum rate -- I have never seen it burn turf at label rates -- unless its very hot out 80+
  3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I have experimented with using a mix similar to Hamons. Last fall I used Quicksilver with Lesco Three-Way at the same rate as above. It worked very well on the wild violets and other weeds I treated.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Speedzone is excellent for a broad range of weeds. I mix at 1oz per gal. If you don't have a huge area just put 4 oz in a backpack sprayer to 4 gals and go to town. The stuff has made me and my customers a believer. Its not the cheapest but then niether am I.
  5. Jared123

Jared123 LawnSite Member

yes i agree. Speedzone is best. It will give you visible results within 24 hours...
    money back guarantee lolz...*trucewhiteflag*