Spendy sparkplugs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by specialtylc, Sep 15, 2004.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

For all those Stihl 4 mix owners out there. Or future owners beware. I bought a sparkplug for my FS110 today at the dealer and I about fell of the stool when he told me the price. $8.00 for a little tiny peanut plug. I feel abused and violated. :realmad:
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I'd be trying to cross match that plug on-line with NAPA or some place, ouch.
  3. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Did he at least give you a kiss after he bent you over? :dizzy:
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I know exactly how you feel,i've had sticker shock getting plugs before.What out4now said is what we do when possible or hit the catalogs and order case at a time...
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

No I never got a kiss first. And I assumed that it was a dealer item only because I have never seen any other motor of any kind with a sparkplug this small before.
  6. bhoffman

bhoffman LawnSite Member

I had the same thing happen today with a set of mower blades for a 52" Ferris 1000z. I was near the dealership and thought I would get them there. The lady at the counter brought them out and said $61.00 and some change for three blades. I said keep them. J-Thomas---$6.97 each :p
  7. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

The ones for my redmax blowers were over 20 bucks and after trying to get them for 2 months at every place I could think of (nobody could order them), I finally found them on line for like 12 bucks each. These things are very tiny and why in the world redmax made these 2 blowers to fit those plugs and then not even be able to get the plugs even from redmax, I will never know.

Try this site.sparkplugs.com