1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AielLandscaping, Sep 27, 2007.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone know of a product that creates a residual barrier for spiders? Lots of things work great for spiders if they are hit directly, but if anything out there has a residual, it would be worth whatever price. well maybe whatever price, depending on if it was realistic or not.
  2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Talstar might work. Check the label. It does pretty good on ants an mites.
  3. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Spiders are hard to control because of their legs lifting their body's off the
    ground. I have had good luck with Demon WP.
  4. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

we have been thinking about using demon max for wasps, and were hoping that it would work well for spiders too but haven't yet tried it out. atleast that gives me a little hope. what application rate are you using with the wp?
  5. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I use a b&g sprayer so it would be 1 scoop per tank
  6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I just picked up some cross check from Lesco. It has a perimeter label. I will let you know what my wife thinks of the results pretty soon:dizzy:
  7. Slyder777

Slyder777 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Only problem with Demon WP is that it is not water resistant. If y our using it outside or inside around base, any water will greatly reduce the effectiveness of it. So rain, washing off the porch, or mopping really causes problems. Other than that, it works great. IF we could get a product like it that wouldn't go away with water, that would be awesome.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I use Talstar (Bifenthrin, Malice, Crosscheck, etc.) for my perimeter apps. I have great results with spiders. I spray liquid, but many times will apply bifenthrin in granular (sand core) form to ground & liquid on foundation. The combination seems to work very well, and is not as affected by rain, or irrigation.
  9. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. Talstar, Astro, Demon all work very well.

SCweed, I just asked an entomologist the other day about that exact same comment I've heard from other people too. He said that isn't part of the equation in terms of effectiveness, there are other factors involved when you get poor control.
  10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Power spray as wide an area as you can with Demand ,
    micro-encapsulated 'cide .

It is not labeled for turf and ornamental , so , you are limited to 10 foot band
    around structure.

If you are licensed for t&O , treat entire yard with any SC , suspended concentrate