spindle(blade) bolts

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, May 23, 2010.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Unless they get water in them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

You are correct sir!

3. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

to answer your question the reason that bolts are hard to remove from a spindle is rust, upon applying the fluid film I found that the bolt did not rust, and removed from the spindle without problem. I see from your title your most likely an engineer, as I also have a background in robotics engineering I did not want to overstate my findings and claim ff is better then anti-seize, but I will state that it did seem to prevent the bolts from rusting therefor making the bolt easier to remove. I call that working. As for if a guy wants to use ff or anti-sieze that is up to them, but try it before you knock it. as for your examples the exhaust manafold I am not sure ff would work as the heat is your major issue, the fertilizer spreader I might act try if I used one often enough to find out it all depends on the application and the results you want.

When I graduated with a degree from engineering I got a job as a robotics engineer for Motorola, not long after I was working for them I had to call my father(who has no degree at all and is a mechanic) to ask him to help me redesign a pneumatic pickup system that was not working. I am the first to admit I don't know everything. All I can do is observe and report.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Actually I worked for an engineering company, civil though...however I was an ASE Certified auto mechanic for about 6-7 years after high school.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

was looking for something else and came across these pics from 11/14 i forgot to upload:nono: everything is still looking great:cool2::cool2:

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

more pics to come once spring comes and we start all over:waving:

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

7. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

I, for one, am looking forward to Spring! Not that I don't like Winter, I just like more pics!!

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

well i could always post my winter time pics over here so long as the commander gives me permission and it doesn't upset the lawn mowers lol

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Post whatever ya got.....the FF army isn't gonna get upset...:clapping:

I can't wait for spring also! I'm gonna lose it already and the winter just started!

10. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

you know this is strange we are all talking about our summer uses for a rust preventive and acting like we are not using it for rust prevention..... Something is wrong here:laugh: